Issue with Samsung Smart Tv and M4! Help!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-03-14 17:58:57
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.0

Hello friends.

I've bought a M4 Mesh and everything is fine but with Samsung Q800. No mather what I try TV does not connect the same speed  as my iphone for instance (on same room of course), worse: the App shows that Deco power sign is medium when it shows high to iphone or another device. I own a older Samsung TV on bedroom (where is the main Deco) and I get much higher speeds with low pings what is understandable.

I'm testing with TV's web app with Speedtest.  

Anyone else on the same boat?

Any tips?

Thank you in advance.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Issue with Samsung Smart Tv and M4! Help!
2020-03-16 02:50:38

@Sergio153 

What is the current network diagram? What is the actual speed you get from the Deco with this TV? And what about the bandwidth you paid for ISP?

Try to connect the Samsung Q800 to the Deco by wired cable and test the speed. Besides, does the speed affect the performance of the TV? 

You also can contact the TV tech support to get some help. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-03-16 15:49:08

@Kevin_Z 

What is the current network diagram?

All Decos on same floor.

What is the actual speed you get from the Deco with this TV?

About 20/30 Mpbs with the closest Deco 

And what about the bandwidth you paid for ISP?

240Mbps

Try to connect the Samsung Q800 to the Deco by wired cable and test the speed. Besides, does the speed affect the performance of the TV? 

Samsung did not help as always...perfomance with streaming still fine but I haven´t watched long 4k content.I haven`t tried wired yet.

Options
2020-03-17 03:10:09

@Sergio153 

Thanks for your reply. 

What about the speed of other wireless devices? Like your iPhone or laptop? Do they have the same issue? 

You can try to swap the locations of the Deco units to rule out whether it is the specific Deco which affects the performance of the network environment/TV itself. 

The Deco M4 supports device priority, you can add the TV into the high priority device list and take some time to test the streaming service. 

Besides, you can connect it to the closest Deco by wired cable to check the speed; or you can contact the tech support of Samsung to update the driver of the TV or upgrade its OS version. 

Good day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1384

Replies: 3

Related Articles