P9 issue getting IP address when in access point mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-07 15:03:36
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have a setup of 3 P9's connected to a Huawei router. The Deco is in access point mode so teh Huawei is allocatting IP addresses etc. The problem seems to be on my android phone that when I move around the house, it loses wifi connection, tries to reconnect but gets stuck obtaining IP address. Obviuosly teh Huawei could be at fault but I suspect it is when I am moving around between Deco Access points.... anyone else had this issue?

Options
3 Reply
Re:P9 issue getting IP address when in access point mode
2020-04-08 02:13:15

@Oidsman 

Hello, please help us to get the information below first so that we can locate the issue so that we can try to fix it later. 

1. What is the current network diagram?
2. What is the led status of the Deco P9 when you lost connection? Can other wireless devices/wired devices connected to Deco access internet at the same time?

3. Try to turn off the Huawei router's wifi function and use the Deco Mesh network only to test its performance.

4. Meanwhile, when your android phone stops working, please connect it to the Huawei router, bypass the main Deco to test whether the network works. 
5. Besides, you can swap the locations of Deco units to give it a go.

Thanks in advance, and have a nice day. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-04-08 21:22:55

@Oidsman 

Hi there

Have you enabled 'Fast Roaming' in Advanced settings?

Options
2020-04-18 14:21:19

@Essdee  Hi yes fast roaming is enabled.

Interestingly teh workaround on the android phone is to go into teh relevant wireless netwro settings and swicth the MAC address mode onb the phone. Android has an option to use device mac or randomised mac. If teh phob=ne is stuck getting an ip address, switching mode (either way) reconnects the wifif ok. But obvioulsy a manual process which is annoying.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1260

Replies: 3

Related Articles