Make the old WiFi dissepear + LG TV connectivity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-11 19:16:26
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi,

I've installed succesfully 3 units of Deco M4, which indeed improved my WiFi signal, but now I'm facing 2 issues:

1. I have the new net name listed along with the 2 names of the old one (one for 2.4 and one for 5), any way to make the old ones "Dissapear"?

2. I have LG TV which is connected via wired connection. I'm used to stream from my iPhone to it via Screen Mirroring function. I've noticed that when the iPhone is connected to the Deco "unified" network it fails to recognize the TV for mirroring function. In order to be able to re-connect, I need to go back to the "old" 2.4 WiFi. Any idea how to overcome this? (given the 1st question as well..)

Thanks,

Arthur  

Options
1 Reply
Re:Make the old WiFi dissepear + LG TV connectivity
2020-04-22 11:56:56

@Arthur_Rozner 

Your problem is related to your network diagram, would you please describe your network diagram in detail?

Do the old 2.4G and 5G names come from your modem/router? If so, you need to turn off the Wi-Fi feature on your modem/router or hide the two SSID.

It seems your LG TV is not connected to the Deco by an Ethernet cable, so when your iPhone connected to the Deco, you can't stream from the iPhone to it via Screen Mirroring function because they are not in the same network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 624

Replies: 1

Related Articles