TL-WA901ND seems to be working but ...Help please!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-21 21:10:50
Model: TL-WA901ND  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 3.16.9 Build 160929 Rel.37753n

Hello and thank you for reading about my issue,

I set up the TL-WA901ND as a universal repeater and when I log into ttplinkap.net and check the status it seems to be sending and receiving packages.

I set it up in on the first floor of our house, because some rooms have a good connection (160 MB/s) and other rooms have a bad connection (15 MB/s). So I was hoping to install it in one of the rooms and get a better signal there, but alas the connection is still as bad in these rooms.

Am I missing something? The repeater is set up as the same name and password as the router so I can't choose a different connection (I guess it isn't necesairy?). But what could it be? 

Greetings and thank you again for helping me out.

Options
2 Reply
Re:TL-WA901ND seems to be working but ...Help please!
2020-04-22 07:36:18

@skillith  You can get 160 MB/s when conncet to your router wifi, right? It‘s the 5G wifi or 2.4G. Normally 5G wifi has better speed than 2.4G. But 2.4G has better converage.

Also TL-WA901ND only supports 2.4G wifi. 

Here is my suggestion.

1. Please get 901ND close to your router to ensure a better and stability connection.

2. Put TL-WA901ND away from large electrical applicances to minimize interference.

For more information, check this: How to improve my wireless speed or range?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:TL-WA901ND seems to be working but ...Help please!
2020-04-22 10:42:27

@Kevin_Z Thank you for your response,

- You can get 160 MB/s when conncet to your router wifi, right? It‘s the 5G wifi or 2.4G: So when i'm on the ground floor my phone connects to the 5ghz of the router and i get 200 Mb/s speeds, when I'm on the first floor where I installed the TP-link, my phone connects to its 2,4 Ghz networka and i get speeds betweed 10 mb/s and 20 MB/s (bu it also keeps saying obtaining ip adress). 

-  Please get 901ND close to your router to ensure a better and stability connection: If I put the Tp-link on the ground floor, next to the router, will its connection still reach to the first and second floor? And does that mean the speed of all the connection drops dramatically?

- Put TL-WA901ND away from large electrical applicances to minimize interference: The Tp-link is on the first floor and isn't surrounded by any appliances.

Could you give me further advice? Thank you very much!

Greetings,

Sam

Options