port forwarding to my ps4 to play minecraft to get nat type 2

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-24 00:15:04 - last edited 2021-08-06 03:00:24
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

hello, this is my first thread in the tp-link forum. so basically I am trying to play ps4 minecraft with my friend but the issue is that my nat type is nat type 3 and I am not sure how to do port forwarding and i don't know where I can put the TCP and udp ports for the ps4. clear insturctions will be helpful since this is my first problem with my router so I am not very experienced with tp links UI.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:port forwarding to my ps4 to play minecraft to get nat type 2-Solution
2021-08-06 03:00:18 - last edited 2021-08-06 03:00:24

Hi @nasser23 and all,

If you want to open ports on the TP-Link router for the local Minecraft server, please make sure the WAN IP address of the TP-Link router is a public one, otherwise you need to open ports for the TP-Link router on the ISP modem. Check the below suggestions:

[Solution] Open Ports for Minecraft Server

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:port forwarding to my ps4 to play minecraft to get nat type 2
2020-06-13 11:56:29

@nasser23 Go to https://monster-mcpe.com to download the latest version of Minecraft

Options
2021-03-30 15:52:00

@ nasser23 hi have the same problem. have you found a solution? 

ciao ho lo stesso problema. hai trovato una soluzione?

Options
2021-03-31 03:22:36 - last edited 2021-03-31 03:22:50

@melo1945 

Hello,

Please refer to the below troubleshooting guide to check some basic settings about the port forwarding setting on the C4000:
Why port forwarding feature is not working on my router?

If still no help, please confirm what is the WAN IP address of the C4000? If it is not a public IP, you need to open the corresponding port for the C4000 WAN on the modem as well. You can review your Internet IP address as per the article:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Private_network

May this helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:port forwarding to my ps4 to play minecraft to get nat type 2-Solution
2021-08-06 03:00:18 - last edited 2021-08-06 03:00:24

Hi @nasser23 and all,

If you want to open ports on the TP-Link router for the local Minecraft server, please make sure the WAN IP address of the TP-Link router is a public one, otherwise you need to open ports for the TP-Link router on the ISP modem. Check the below suggestions:

[Solution] Open Ports for Minecraft Server

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1634

Replies: 4

Related Articles