Deco M4 master show 2.4Ghz band only

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-04-29 17:51:38
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.8 lastest

Hi TPlink,

I have both Deco M4 devies using Access mode connect directly to Router. I setup one master Deco to living room, another in Bed room. So the backhaul connection bw Master and slave is Ethernet as design. All links are 1Gbps, and cables connect to port 1 of each Device.

My issue:

- I actived wifi with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz bands. When I stay in bed room with slave Deco, wifi app shows my smartphone connects to slave Deco with band 5Ghz and my theoritical throughput up to 866Mbps -> speed test to Internet very good ( come to 400Mbps ). But when I go to living room, my smartphone is roamming to Master Deco ( the roamming is good when I bring Slave so far from master) with only band 2.4Ghz, others device connect to master Deco will have 2.4Ghz band only => speedtest can not be good, only under 144Mbps regardess cable support to 1Ghz. When I turn off 2.4Ghz on wifi app, so I can not see SSID of master deco in living room, I have go to bed room to see SSID with 5Ghz band of slave Deco.

So Is it behavior of master deco or bug or physical issues? How to bring master deco to 5Ghz band?

Thanks

Tam

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M4 master show 2.4Ghz band only
2020-05-16 07:22:05

@Tam.P 

Normally, Deco provides 2.4G and 5G network at the same time, if you have an Android phone, please try to download the Wi-Fi analyzer app on your phone, and then you can see the Wi-Fi network around you. With the MAC address of the Deco and the Wi-Fi name, please check if the main Deco's 5G network is available or not.

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1053

Replies: 1

Related Articles