No "Antivirus" feature in HomeCare for brand new TP-Link Archer AC2300 v2.0

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-05-17 13:44:16
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.0.4 Build 20200211 rel.67420(4555)

Hello!

I've bought two days ago a brand new TP-Link Archer AC2300 v2.0 and the "Antivirus" feature is missing in the HomeCare section of my router's interface. You can find there only two features "Parental Controls" and "QoS" as you can see in the print screen attached below.

What can I do to have this feature included in the HomeCare? I know you can use it for free only for 3 years since your router's first set up.

Help, please!

Options
3 Reply
Re:No "Antivirus" feature in HomeCare for brand new TP-Link Archer AC2300 v2.0
2020-05-17 21:41:33

@Alex2020 

Different versions of a certain TP-Link product can be quite different from each other. Like in this case it appears V1 has the Antivirus feature, but V2 doesn't. And since online retailers mostly don't state the version of the product they are sending out, this can be really annoying.

It has happened before that TP-Link added new features in later firmware versions, but I wouldn't count on that.

Options
2020-05-18 09:25:51

@woozle

Thank you for your reply.

A few minutes ago I've received an e-mail from TP-Link Romania Technical Support saying that they will implement this function in the next firmware update.

Let's wait and see if and when this will happen...

Options
2020-08-18 10:38:28

Yesterday, TP-Link updated the firmware for AC2300 v2.0 (Eu) and now I have HomeCare (Antivirus).

I updated the software and after the reboot, when I tried to log-in into my router, I coudn't because now TP-Link wants your router's password not to be longer than 16 characters and mine was 23. So basically in the password field of the router's log-in interface you can't write down a password longer than 16 characters.

Why would you do that TP-Link?

I have my router installed on a wall, in the middle of my apartment, so I thought I had to take it down, to reset it, to read the factory password from the back of it and to configure it again. A lot of unnecessary pain in the..

Luckily for me I had TP-Link cloud setup and I downloaded the app so I could shorten the password to 16 characters.

Anyway, I tested the HomeCare function with a phishing site from PhishTank anti-phishing list, to see how the alerts looks like when TP-Link is blocking a site and you can see the message below.

File:
HomeCare Antivirus TP Link Blocking A Malicious site.jpgDownload
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1155

Replies: 3

Related Articles