Additional adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Additional adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Additional adapters
Additional adapters
2020-06-04 10:21:15
Model: TL-WPA8630P KIT  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

Hi, new user here!

i have just ordered aTL-WP8630P V2 kit to provide a wireless expansion upstairs, where we have a PS4 which I am going to connect via the Gigabit port, and an iMac and various Apple iPhone & iPad devices to connect via the wireless.

i already have a Comtrend Powerline set up, which feeds the upstairs not very successfully, and a second adaptor in the garage that feeds the CCTV box which has to have an Ethernet connection. Speed doesn't need to be great, and doesn't need to distribute the Wi-fi.

does anyone know if the Comtrend unit will connect to the base unit successfully, or which TP Link unit will be usable just to connect this. The single 8630p is quite expensive to just use for this, it does need to have mains pass through. I asked Support and they suggested that only the 8010 twin pack was suitable but this is a complete kit

thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:Additional adapters
2020-07-09 08:24:59

@Davemitch 

If the Comtrend Powerline supports Homeplug AV protocol, it may work well with the TP-Link product.

But we don't know what method did the Comtrend use between their products. If the TPLink products didn't support the way they used, they may not able to work with each other.

Hope it can help and have a nice day!

Options
Re:Additional adapters
2020-07-09 14:16:32

Been meaning to come back to this, I've solved it myself. I got a TL-WPA4220 V4.0 which works OK for what I need. I only need to connect to a CCTV unit in the garage so the lower speed is OK. Only downside is that it doesn't have mains pass through, but was the best way I could do it without the added cost of another TL-WPA8630P.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 476

Replies: 2

Related Articles