No extender network showing

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-15 10:58:25
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Cannot see the extender network on phone or computer when extender is plugged in and led power is on

Options
4 Reply
Re:No extender network showing
2020-06-16 08:30:20

@Sbrierley1975 

Hello, before the configuration, the default SSID of this extender should be named as TP-Link_Extender_xxxx, please reset it as per the QIG or UG if you cannot find it.

But you will no longer see this SSID after it is successfully configured, and you may check below to see if it is running properly:

How to use my Range Extender properly if your range extender is configured correctly?

Options
2020-06-16 13:21:57

@Solla-topee 

I have plugged my laptop into the extender to run the web setup and it still doesnt work

Options
2020-06-17 01:21:01

@Sbrierley1975 

Hello,

Please watch the setup video or follow the instruction to configure it.
Setup Videos

How to configure my Range Extender via Web GUI

Note:
Please use your home wifi password to configure the 855RE.

If the extender still doesn't work, kindly tell me the LEDs on the extender and show us the screenshot of the extender main page.

Options
2020-06-17 08:27:29
I have sent the product back to the store and will buy another. The support tel no for south africa was not operational and neither was the online chat. I will not support a product that doesn't support me.
Options