wpa 8630 setup not working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-15 21:12:14

Just got a wpa 8630. Setup was a pain but can now see both wifi channels on my tablet. If I connect to eiter channel and login using the given password, I get "connected. no internet".  From the router, I can find the wifi fine and connect and get internet.

Any ideas what's going on? This was supposed to be a plug and play installation crying

David

Options
1 Reply
Re:wpa 8630 setup not working
2020-06-17 07:27:14

@dvdprsn 

Hello, 

How many powerline devices you have in total, only this WPA8630 or there is a kit? What's the status of the lights of these 2 units?

If you only have one WPA8630 extender, you will need to connect it to your host router with an ethernet cable in order to transfer internet to this extender network.

But if you have two and there is no internet access, please press and hold the pair button for more than 6 seconds to reset the powerline adapter to factory defaults. Then repair them with the below instruction and give it a go.
https://www.tp-link.com/faq-258.html

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 423

Replies: 1

Related Articles