AX1500 limited Parental Controls

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-06-27 04:06:19 - last edited 2020-06-27 04:07:36
Model: Archer AX1500  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1 Build 20200319 Rel. 62764(5553)

Hello. First let me start by saying that I'm really liking my new AX1500. It's replaces an aged Huawei router that was such a pain to deal with.

The main issue I'm having is with Parental Control. On the old Huawei router I was able to assign the same device to multiple profiles, allowing for a break in access for the kids to get their chores done without the incentive to use the wifi. But on the AX1500 I am only able to assgn devices to one profile at a time. And there doesn't seem to be any automation setting to move devices from one profile to the next.

Are there any workarounds to this? I haven't seen any firmware updates that changes these settings. Please advise.

Thank you.

Options
1 Reply
Re:AX1500 limited Parental Controls
2020-06-28 06:38:28

@JMR239 

Hi, thanks for reporting issue on the community.

For the Parental Control setting on this AX1500, it currently supports adding the device to only one profile. If you have created a profile for the device, and try to add it to a second profile, it will be automatically removed from the previous profile list and applied to the second profile rule.

There should be the notice to let the customer know and we will push the related department to improve this.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1160

Replies: 1

Related Articles