configuring new tp-router to host router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-10 08:23:38
Model: AP500  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: TP-WR941HP

Hi, I managed to use the interface to configure the extended range mode but I don't think my new tp router is connected to my old host router, or the internet via the same network. Been having trouble logging back on to get help, doesn't loke my pass word even though I set it up previously. Can any one help to set up the new router. I have used the ethercables., thanks

Options
1 Reply
Re:configuring new tp-router to host router
2020-07-22 03:16:10

@Harryboltz 

Hello,

You can set up the WR941HP as the range extender by enabled the WDS bridge function:
https://www.tp-link.com/en/faq-1385.html

While please notice that the performance of this WR941HP when working in the extender mode may be affected a lot cause interferences, like distance, obstacles, other wireless devices.

May it help. 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 425

Replies: 1

Related Articles