Ax50/Ax3000 doesn’t know how to internet?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-12 15:15:32 - last edited 2020-07-12 15:19:10
Model: Archer AX50  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Newest

This router has worked great the first 2 days after installing. However, I am now experiencing weird issues with it communicating to my modem. Every morning for 3 days now I would wake up and the internet light on the router would be orange(no internet) but the lights on my modem indicate everything is fine. Furthermore, when I hardwire my computer into the modem, I was able to get my advertised speed and no issue. 

Could this be a hardware issue with the router?

Options
5 Reply
Re:Ax50/Ax3000 doesn’t know how to internet?
2020-07-13 09:37:33

@Kiseki 

Hello, thanks for bringing this up.

May I know who is your ISP and what kind of modem are you using? When the internet light becomes orange, how would you get back online, do you need to restart it?

Can you please send me the whole system log on its web UI-System Tool-System log page before you restart it?

Additionally, please ensure the cable between the AX50 and your modem is correctly connected, then check the WAN status on its web UI, whether it shows connected with IP address or disconnected with 0.0.0.0.

Thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-07-13 16:01:18

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin, thanks for getting back to me. 

I've attached the log with this reply. Something interesting I found while checking the log is this dates back into April. However I purchased this router in July. 

My ISP is Spectrum. It happened again this morning. The internet light is orange. To fix this issue it's rather simple. I just have to restart my modem, not even the router. However, it does get a bit irritating that I have to do this every morning. Also, my modem is a Zoom modem model number 5341J. I'm certain the cables are connected correctly between modem on router, there's only one port on my modem and it's connected to the WAN port on the router (the one that's different color from the other 4 ports). Also, upon checking the router webpage, I was able to find the IP and DNS not being 0.0.0.0. 

if you need more log information I can provide more, but the rest are all from April 26, which I did not own this router at the time...

thanks!

Options
2020-07-14 01:59:35

@Kiseki 

Hello, thanks so much for your detailed information.

For the router device time issue, please try to synchronize the time with the local NTP server, which can be found in System Tools-Time Settings:

How to set up System Time of the Wi-Fi Routers

We will also ask our engineer to investigate with the log you provided, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-18 16:47:42

@Kevin_Z   @Kiseki  Is there a fix or workaround for this yet? I am having this exact same issue for the last 2 weeks since buying the ax50. I also have Spectrum. At least once a day my network slows down and an orange light on router appears and all devices are kicked off the internet. Only way I have found to resolve I a modem/router power cycle. Issue only occurs with this router being used, hard wire connecting to modem has no issue.

Options
2021-02-19 05:37:32

@James421 

Have you confirmed this with Spectrum also? Please connect the computer directly to the Spectrum modem with the same cable, check if it can maintain a stable internet connection. If yes, please try to clone the PC's MAC address to the AX50 by connecting this PC to the AX50 LAN port, then monitor again.

If the issue persists, please kindly send us the whole system log, including those before and after the dropouts, our engineer with try to investigate.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 766

Replies: 5

Related Articles