Deco M5 and powerline possible?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-13 17:21:19
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.4

Hello all,

I have a question regarding my home setup. I have 3 deco m5 set up in my home (brick concrete walls) 3 storeys. 
I have main deco connected to the router via powerline next to my PC in my bedroom so that I have the best latency when playing game. 
Second deco is in the living room for my other devices like ipad and laptops. This connect to the main deco and the signal is 2/3 bar. Speed test is ok i get around 40mbps in my 50 up down plan. 
Third deco is the problem. I placed it in level 2 of the house and the signal is only 1/3 when connected to main deco (downstairs) and download upload speed is only 10-15mbps. I tried connecting it to another powerline hoping it would connect to the main deco with ethernet. But it cant work. When I see the status, its still connected as wifi 1/3 signal. 

i tried in AP mode and can see the connection changed from wifi to ethernet but the speed drops a lot (3-10mbps max)

looking at my problem, is it better to have router as access points rather than mesh network? I cant have my deco to specifically connect to other deco with better signal other than main deco..

thanks in advace and pardon my bad english..

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco M5 and powerline possible?
2020-07-24 03:13:15

@MartienB 

Hello, sorry about that.

May I know that the main Deco M5 and the 2nd are on the same floor, while the 3rd is on a different floor? Is it possible to draw a detailed network diagram that how far are the three Decos from each other? You may send it to me personally and I will send you an email first.

As per your description, when you tried to install another powerline device to connect the 3rd Deco to the main, that is not working? What if you connect a PC to that powerline directly, is there internet?

Thanks.

Options