Speed drops on WAN port from 500 to 90

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-13 18:21:44
Model: Archer AX11000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.5

Going to post it again, since last post disapeared.

I have an Archer AX11000 behind a provider modem/router.

DMZ in provider modem to Archer, LAN to WAN. Provider is only used for iptv and sending the rest to the AX11000. Both in own subnet.

Untill last week I had a 200/200 connection for a while and always stable. Since a few days I have 500/500 and it drops back to 91/91 a lot of times and so very unstable.

Whatever speedtest I use, internal, external, the same issue.

Every setting in the router has been tried. Resets, older firmware, connecting it without provider router to fiber, speed negotiation settings, firewall, etc etc.

New cables, other ports, you name it.

After altering settings or rebooting it seems fine for a bit, but it drops again.

Anyone else experiencing this or have a solution?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Speed drops on WAN port from 500 to 90
2020-07-20 07:34:57

@RoyalFHT 

Is the 500/500 provided by your ISP? How about the speed you can get when the computer is directly connected to the ISP modem, is it stable? BTW, who is your ISP and what's the model number of the modem?

Is there any specific activity in the LAN that will cause the speed to drop or it just drops randomly on all devices? What are the clients you have run this speedtest on, are they behaving the same? Are both wired speed and wireless speed are dropping on the AX11000?

How about the QoS setting on the AX11000? Please disable it or just leave it by default after the factory default.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 522

Replies: 1

Related Articles