slow performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

slow performance

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
slow performance
slow performance
2020-07-14 20:20:52
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.0 Build 20200324 Rel. 51287

hi,

I have multiple M9 Plus dishes (hardware v1) and my laptop is connected to the main deco (which is only 1 meter away).

The main deco is in router mode and connect to the cable modem from the ISP (1Gbps connection).

Main deco uplink and cable modem + a NAS device are in a separate private network, and all other client devices in the house (laptops, ipad, phones) in another private subnet.  The main deco is routing between the two.

When I do a speedtest with the laptop, I only get around 270-300 Mbps.

An internet speedtest from the iOS Deco app gives me around 500 Mbps.

When I connect the laptop over ethernet to the main deco, again I have around 300 Mbps.

When I plug the ethernet cable (that is used from the cable modem to the main deco) directly in my laptop (skipping the Deco and connecting my laptop to the cable modem directly), I have about 800 Mbps!

Something's clearly wrong when the speed drops from 800 Mbps to 300 Mbps and only using ethernet cables (no wifi).

I've tried all possible settings on the Deco (QoS disabled/enabled with all possible profiles, anti-virus is always disabled, IPTV enabled/disabled, no ip reservations, no port forwarding, fast roaming enabled/disabled, beamforming enabled/disabled, IPv4 is enabled and IPv6 is always disabled. Using the latest firmware. Parental controles always disabled. Tried rebooting more than once.  All decos are online and working well.  No errors.  Client devices automatically connect to the closest dish and this works really well.

Now if I could only get the router performance better, I'd be very happy with the M9.

Any input or help is welcome!

Kris

Options
1 Reply
Re:slow performance
2020-07-17 09:27:59

@krisvdvijver 

Hello, sorry about that.

Please help verify more details and we will try to figure it out ASAP:

1. What is the current network topology/layout? How many Deco M9 do you have and how are they connected?

2. With your computer connected to the modem directly, please verify the actual speed you can get via speedtest.net. Also, please confirm the wired link speed as the instruction below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Please then connect your computer to the main deco and test the speed you can get from it via speedtest.net as well and check the wired link speed.
Note: Please show us a screenshot of the speed test result.

Additionally, please refer to the below troubleshooting to check the QoS settings on the Deco app again:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2429/#case%201  (Case 1)

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it improves.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 644

Replies: 1

Related Articles