Slower speeds in router mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-17 10:05:01
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

Hi my first setup was with a tp-link archer 1700 router and 3 decos in Access Point mode

i was consistanly getting speeds of 150/150 + 

Now I have 5 decos and the main Deco is setup as a router. My speeds are averaging 90/90 

what can be causing this ?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Slower speeds in router mode
2020-07-21 10:07:24

@Bedscrunchie 

Hello,

Please help verify more details and we will try to figure it out ASAP:

1. What is the current network topology/layout? Are all Deco units Deco M5s?

2. Who is your ISP and what kind of modem you are using? Do you mean the wireless speed can reach 150M/150M when all three Decos are working as Access Points, may I know how did you connect all these three to your network? Are they connected to the archer 1700 router by Ethernet cables or the Decos are connected to each other?

3. Are you still using the archer 1700 router when the main Deco is working as a router now? What if you remove this archer 1700 router and connect the main Deco to the modem directly, how about the speed you will get?

Additionally, please refer to the below troubleshooting to check the QoS settings on the Deco app:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2429

After that, please run the speed test again and check whether it improves.

Good days.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 632

Replies: 1

Related Articles