Delay in Connecting to Computers

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-18 19:32:56
Model: Archer C2300  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

For some reason, there is a 3-5 minute delay when booting our PCs until we get internet connection. It happens for both mine and my son's PC computers but not for my husband's Mac. 

It did not used to occur with a prior router but started when we installed the C2300. Now when we start our computers, we literally have to sit and wait 3- 5 minutes before we have internet. Eventually it connects but... why the long delay? How can we speed up the router connection to our computers???

It is driving us nuts. Thanks.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Delay in Connecting to Computers
2020-07-20 02:06:25

@rgh128 

Hello,

Please ensure the C2300 firmware is up-to-date, and it is suggested to ensure the wireless adapter of your computers are up-to-date as well.

May I know what is the operating system of your computer and your son's? Are they both connected to the C2300 via wireless? Basically, how long it will take to connect to the internet depends on the computer or adapter setting, there is no much we can do on the router itself.

BTW, may I know the model number of your previous router? Any special setting on it for the local devices, such as DHCP address reservation? You may try to set the Address reservation for the two computers and check if it makes any difference:

How to configure Address Reservation on Wi-Fi Routers

May it helps.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 422

Replies: 1

Related Articles