Using Deco M4 with other Router and Switch for other connections.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-23 10:23:45
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I havent purchased yet Deco devices but i want to know before buying if it is going to be compatible with my current Home Network situation. I have 5 rooms with all of them having 2 Ethernet port and they all have centralized location in Room on Rooftop where i have a Line from ISP for Internet. I have 8 PoE based Camera slots , 10 Ethernet Slots for each Rooms one for Router or Deco and one for TV if they support Ethernet as i will be utilizing Home Media Server for Content Streaming. I already have Cisco Switch with PoE for  Camera and other slots for Ethernet . I want to place 5 Deco M4 so how can i configure it properly. 

Home Structure

-- ISP-Internet Line -- Router (PPPoE Authentication) -- CISCO PoE Switch --- Ethernet Socket for each Rooms / IP Camera

Should i buy for this type of connection Deco where i can get similar Wifi for each Rooms like Home Mesh Connection.   

Options
2 Reply
Re:Using Deco M4 with other Router and Switch for other connections.
2020-07-24 02:30:57

@TandelK 

Hello,

Yes, the Deco M4 can work in your environment/layout. As per your description, all the 5 Deco M4s will connect to the PoE switch directly and you may configure the main Deco M4 as an Access Point, then all other three are in the same mesh with the main one.

How to set up the main Deco as an Access Point?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1842/

Hopefully, that answers your question but let us know if you need more details.

Options
Re:Using Deco M4 with other Router and Switch for other connections.
2021-06-12 05:21:33

@TP-Link_Deco Some late discussion now. If i use all as Mesh Router can they all work with Wired Method ? All connected to LAN Port and than connected to main Deco on my main location. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 4749

Replies: 2

Related Articles