Deco M4 Speed capped when using a switch/AP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2022-05-17 02:16:06
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

When running ookla speed test from main Deco to PC get 900mbps upload and 480 download mbps, when plugging in to TP-Link SG108 or NetGear Nighthawk (in AP mode) speed is capped at 100mbps.

Associated speed is 1.0gbps when plugged in either way, what could be the cause of the speed cap when connected using switch/AP. QOS set at 1000mbps DL and UL

Options
7 Reply
Re:Deco M4 Speed capped when using a switch/AP
2022-05-17 03:37:50

@TorontoRaptors 

Hi, welcome to the community.

If not via switches, connecting M4 (in AP mode) directly to DHCP router, would it still be capped at 100m/s?

And were you able to reproduce the same issue most of the time?

Thank you very much.

Best regards.

--------------------------

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. Please spare a moment and help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-17 03:54:15

@David-TP 

Hey,

Have not used Deco in AP mode as do not currently have another router handy. (Shortage of decent routers where I am located) Would using another DHCP router and Ethernet backhaul in AP mode solve speed capping?

Not really wanting to set up another (just for storage and tidiness purposes) Current set up is modem (ONT) > Main Deco > Wirelessly to 4 slave Decos

Ideally want to be set up  modem (ONT) > Main Deco > network switch > 4 slave Decos would this be possible? 

Or would it have to be set up modem (ONT) > DHCP router > Main Deco > network switch > 4 slaves Decos all via ethernet

Options
2022-05-17 06:32:49 - last edited 2022-05-17 06:33:08

@TorontoRaptors 

Hi, Thanks for the update.

Sorry, I must misunderstand something at the everything beginning.

"modem (ONT) > Main Deco > network switch > 4 wired slave Decos", it is an ideal setup.

And it does not need an additional DHCP router.

Back to the issue mentioned in the first post "when plugging into TP-Link SG108 or NetGear Nighthawk (in AP mode) speed is capped at 100mbps and associated speed is 1.0gbps on the PC when plugged in either way", I think the associated speed between main M4 and the switch might drop to 100m/s somehow.

When the wired PC is only 100m/s, have you tested the wireless speed from M4?

And were you able to reproduce the speed issue most of the time?

If possible, please also try to change a different Ethernet cable between main M4 and the network switch.

Thank you.

Wait for your reply.

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. Please spare a moment and help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options
2022-05-19 04:46:27

@David-TP 

I've tested speeds using 4 different ethernet cables. Everytime I go from M4 directly to PC I get 900/450, everytime I go from M4 to switch/ethernet I get capped at 100mbps

Over Wi-Fi I usually get 100/120 or more, so not capped over Wi-Fi

I am wanting to go M4 to switch to get good speeds for PC in main office, and then wire dropped in to each room with a Deco for ethernet back haul

Options
2022-05-20 07:55:49

@TorontoRaptors 

Thank you very much for the update.

I would like to forward your case to the senior engineers and please check whether you have got an email from us.

Best regards.

Options
2022-06-12 07:27:12

@David-TP I am also having this issue. Link Speed shows 1000 Mbps all the time. 
But the ethernet backhaul connected Deco always caps the speed to 100. When I check the speed via speedtest, it clearly shows a throttling of speed limiting it to 100. The main Deco connected to the Router is alright with the full speed.

Options
2022-06-14 06:16:27

@Abel_Thomas 

Hi, welcome to the community.

Do you have a switch connected to the main Deco as the OP, then the computer is connected to the switch? or is actually your wired computer connected to the main M5 directly?

Have you checked the wireless speed on this computer from the main Deco? will it be capped at 100m/s as well?

Best regards.

Deco X50-PoE is ready for your advice. If you are interested, please help us complete the following survey.

Deco X50-POE Survey

Options