Deco E4 have high latency to default gateaway

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-28 05:21:58
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello! Recently, my Deco E4 has been having high latency. I have the main Deco directly connected to the main modem on the first floor, and have both slave Deco's on the floor above it. I only really noticed this when I recently replaced my old modem with a new modem from my ISP.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco E4 have high latency to default gateaway
2020-07-28 08:46:55

@UndeadGuy 

Hi,

Please help confirm the below details and we will try to figure it out:

1. What is the current network topology? How do you connect these devices together? Is the main E4 working as a router or an access point?

2. What kind of modem you are using now and what was the type of modem previously? Are both from the same ISP? With your computer connected to the existing modem directly, how about the ping results?

3. Is there any specific issue related with this latency? Is the network unstable or the speed is not good?

4. Is the below ping result tested by connecting to the Deco wireless or wired connection? Which Deco did it connect to?

5. Besides, what is the current hardware and firmware version of the E4?

Good day. 

Options
2020-08-24 08:22:15

@TP-Link_Deco  

My E4 have same issue 

E4R(1.0)

1.1.1 Build 20191216 Rel. 62031

Network topology is Indihome ( Indonesia ISP ) Modem -> Wired connection to E4 Main Node -> Wireless to E4 2nd Node

Indihome Modem ( 192.168.1.1 )

TP Link main Node ( 192.168.68.1 )

My ping spike is just pinging to 192.168.68.1 which is TP Link main node .... 

Every 10 sec i will get big ping reply or Request TimeOut.

Just to share i ever make my own test.... between the main node E4 and the 2nd node i put direct sight, and the distance between them is around 5 meter and i still get ping spike 

so from that test i think the 2nd node of E4 have non stable behaviour. ( I already reset to factory 2x for the 2nd node . And i also do daily reboot  )

Options
2020-08-25 09:44:06

@BenTj 

Hello,

Thanks for all the details. Do you mean this issue occurs after you changed a new modem? Was the ping good before? Can I have more ping results?

With your computer connected to the existing modem directly, how about the ping results? Please show me the results as well, thanks.

If the ping result is acceptable when pinging the modem directly, please then connect only the main Deco E4 in the network, and connect a computer to its wireless network (2.4GHz/5GHz), confirm the ping result again. BTW, please confirm what is the link speed between the computer and the main Deco: https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2265/

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1357

Replies: 3

Related Articles