Internet intermittently keeps Connecting and Disconnecting- TL-WR850N V3

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-07-31 03:37:59
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 3.16.0 0.9.1 v6031.0 Build 200407 Rel.12247n

The Wi-Fi router model is TL-WR850N V3 and not WR841N

The internet connection is not stable on the router. It keeps continuously connecting and disconnecting.

I got it yesterday evening, and set it up using PPPoE. It connected for a few seconds but then disconnected again.

I have checked with my ISP and the login ID is Online and has no issue with connectivity.

After a lot of Googling and trial and error i let it be for the night. In the morning it was working very well. No issues in connectivity and the speed was very good as well.

But after connecting my work Laptop, it started having issues again. It is working fine for now, but as soon as i try to connect to VPN, it starts to faulter again.

I have tried to find a Firmware upgrade, but nothing is listed in the Download Center.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Internet intermittently keeps Connecting and Disconnecting- TL-WR850N V3
2020-07-31 07:26:29

@SammyH 

Hello,

Sorry for the trouble caused, we will do some troubleshooting and try to fix it. 

May I know who is your ISP? Is there a modem provided by your ISP? If yes, please connect your computer directly to that modem and dial-up a PPPoE connection directly to check if the connection is stable or not when connecting to a VPN. As per your description, the issue might be caused by the VPN connection but not the router network.

When the network drops, please check the IP address and default gateway with your computer connected to the modem/router separately and show me the status-details page. Instruction as below:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/ 

Besides, please follow the instruction below to do some tests and tell me which case you belong to.

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2237/ 

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-08-01 06:14:54

@Kevin_Z 

Hey Kevin, thanks for the reply.

My ISP is Maxtech Broadband pvt ltd. There is no modem provided with the connection.

And i tested using the Etherent cable and i belong to Case 2.

Is there a Firmware update that is available for this router?

No matter what i do, the connection is not stable at all. It works for a hour or so and then it will start dropping continuously.

I am in constant contact with my ISP and from their end the connection is good and solid.

Please help me with a fix for this issue. it is very frustrating

Thank you

Options
2020-11-17 07:09:32

to download latest firmware u need access to tp link agile platform

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1422

Replies: 3

Related Articles