Tether app does not recognice any device

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-12 21:24:44 - last edited 2020-08-14 03:24:38
Model: Archer C3150  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: ?

All works fine using my iPhone

Only the app tells me after a blue moving circle animation that it cannot find any device and tells me to check my internet connection.

but That works! 

I also cannot login the router configurator menu. No response from address.

I set a fixed address but no response from safari while connected over wifi !!!!!!

PLEASE HELP  ! ! !

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Tether app does not recognice any device -Solution
2020-08-14 03:24:33 - last edited 2020-08-14 03:24:38

@TheoSan 

Hello,

Please check the following info if Tether cannot detect the router: 
1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the TP-Link host wireless network.
2. Make sure the router is running the latest firmware.
3. Turn off the VPN software on your phone if you have one.
4. Reboot the router or restart the Tether app.

Below are some basic troubleshooting suggestions you may give it a go if you cannot log into the web interface of the C3150:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2236/

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Tether app does not recognice any device -Solution
2020-08-14 03:24:33 - last edited 2020-08-14 03:24:38

@TheoSan 

Hello,

Please check the following info if Tether cannot detect the router: 
1. Make sure the smartphone is connected to the TP-Link host wireless network.
2. Make sure the router is running the latest firmware.
3. Turn off the VPN software on your phone if you have one.
4. Reboot the router or restart the Tether app.

Below are some basic troubleshooting suggestions you may give it a go if you cannot log into the web interface of the C3150:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2236/

Good day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 636

Replies: 1

Related Articles