C4000 and OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

C4000 and OneMesh

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
C4000 and OneMesh
C4000 and OneMesh
2020-08-25 13:52:28 - last edited 2020-08-26 02:26:18
Model: Archer C4000  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.1

When I bought the Archer C4000 it was listed as having OneMesh coming soon on your site. I'm just curious as to when this might be coming? Thanks

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:C4000 and OneMesh-Solution
2020-08-26 02:26:07 - last edited 2020-08-26 02:26:18

@superdifficult 

Hi,

As far as I know, there is currently no plan to add the support for Onemesh on the C4000, please refer to the Onemesh Compatibility List for future updates.

Good days.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
6 Reply
Re:C4000 and OneMesh-Solution
2020-08-26 02:26:07 - last edited 2020-08-26 02:26:18

@superdifficult 

Hi,

As far as I know, there is currently no plan to add the support for Onemesh on the C4000, please refer to the Onemesh Compatibility List for future updates.

Good days.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Recommended Solution
Options
Re:C4000 and OneMesh
2020-08-26 02:35:28

@Kevin_Z 

thanks Kevin for the reply. But the issue is that this item WAS listed as having that update in the future. Even the wirecutter review describes it (the A20 which is the same product) as having this feature coming. You've got to do better than just pointing me at the OneMesh compatibility list. You need to explain why it was excluded from having this feature added. 

Options
2020-08-26 02:40:51

@Kevin_Z from the wirecutter article: "The Archer A20 isn’t compatible with mesh extenders yet, but TP-Link is planning to add OneMesh compatibility in a firmware update."

Options
2020-08-26 08:20:33

@superdifficult 

Hello, sorry for any inconvenience.

We don't actually suggest our customers purchase any device for a feature that is not supported yet, as plans will change and the compatible device list will be updated regularly. We actually have no many details about why it doesn't support it.

Good days.

Options
2021-05-11 06:44:00

@Kevin_Z I am deeply concerned about this. I also purchased this router with it being 'future ready' for mesh networks. Now the plans have changed I am left with an incompatible router. I'd like to hear from TP-Link about supplying us with an upgraded router?

Options
2021-05-11 07:27:42

@bouc 

Sorry to know that you purchased the router for the "planned" feature, if this functionality has determined the choice of equipment, it is suggested to get one that has already supported it, you can return the router to the place of purchase as not as described.

Or you can try to contact the local tech support to check if they can help:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1266

Replies: 6

Related Articles