What is my tp-link TL-WR840N router's actual hardware version?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-25 15:04:20
Model: TL-WR840N  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 0.9.1 4.16 v0001.0 Build 180614 Rel.40494n

In the back side of myy router, I can see my model no is: TL-WR840N(EU) and Ver:6.20

But in my router page the hardware version is: TL-WR840N v6 00000007

If I want to upgrade my router's firmware which version should I choose V6 or v6.20?

Blogging Metrics is here to help you in all the ways that will help you to make your blog dazzling and profitable.
Options
3 Reply
Re:What is my tp-link TL-WR840N router's actual hardware version?
2020-08-26 02:21:43

@bloggingmetrics 

Hello,

Can I have the screenshot of your current firmware version on the router's web interface?

Generally, you may refer to the hardware version printed on the bottom label.

Good days.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-06 17:50:55

@Kevin_Z I have the same problem as him.

On the router's web interface:

On the printed label:

Options
2021-04-07 01:27:40

@potatorelishowl 

Hi, you can upgrade the firmware for v6.20. We generally upgrade the router firmware by referring to the hardware version on its bottom label.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options