Bricked M4? Constantly pulsing white

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-08-30 10:16:46 - last edited 2020-09-02 07:17:03
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: Unknown

Hi,

Around 8 months ago I installed two M4s in my parents’ house. For all these months it worked perfectly fine providing very nice performance as for theirs needs.

Decos are connected together wirelessly.

Suddenly something happened with the main Deco as it started to pulse red. Deco app was indicating that connection to the main Deco has been lost, so I switched main Deco to the one which was still visible by the app. Internet connection has been restored, but I am not able to connect the Deco which has been lost. After rebooting it, it started to pulse white what according to the manual means upgrading process. I left it like that overnight but the next day nothing changed – it was still pulsing white. Decided to reboot it - still that same. Tried to reset it with the physical button, but again nothing changed (tried many times). I also connected the two Decos with the backhaul connection, rebooted the one which is lost and waited, and waited. Nothing, still pulsing white. It behaves like it would be bricked.

Do you have any ideas? What shall I do?

Thanks,
Dawid

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Bricked M4? Constantly pulsing white-Solution
2020-09-02 07:16:39 - last edited 2020-09-02 07:17:03

@dawid_p 

Hello, sorry to respond late but hope it's not too late.

You may refer to the below instructions to see if you can make it alive again:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/672

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
2 Reply
Re:Bricked M4? Constantly pulsing white-Solution
2020-09-02 07:16:39 - last edited 2020-09-02 07:17:03

@dawid_p 

Hello, sorry to respond late but hope it's not too late.

You may refer to the below instructions to see if you can make it alive again:
https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/stories/detail/672

Good days.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Bricked M4? Constantly pulsing white
2020-09-02 07:21:17

@TP-Link_Deco thanks a lot, I haven't seen this topic before. Sounds like a plan, I will give it a shot. If this approach doesn't help, I will simply send it for warranty.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 683

Replies: 2

Related Articles