Archer AX6000 WiFi Access Drops Randomly

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-03 00:58:25
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.1 Build 20200714 rel.18254(5553)

Occasionally, both 5GHz and 2.4GHz radios will stop working.  At first I will be able to see both networks as available in the available WiFi Networks list on a device, but I won't be able to join either one.  It states the password is incorrect.  Eventually, they will no longer appear in available WiFi Networks list on a device.  I tested this on multiple devices in my home to confirm.  I checked the Archer AX6000 and the light indicator still shows as blue.  In order to make everything work again, I have to reboot the router.  This occurred in AP Mode and in the Router Mode.  It also occurred prior to the firmware upgrade.  I'm using WPA/WPA2-Personal for the Security field setting.  I tried WPA2/WPA3-Personal but that didn't work out so well so I set it back to WPA/WPA2-Personal.  Anybody else experience this?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Archer AX6000 WiFi Access Drops Randomly
2020-09-03 06:43:04

@TPL_User78 

Hello, thanks for reporting this issue to the community.

Does this issue occur on all the wireless clients or just some of them? What are they and are they connecting to the 2.4GHz or 5GHz network? Please try to change the wireless channel on the AX6000 to a different one such as 1/6/11 for 2.4GHz and 36/40/44 for 5GHz, then try to connect to the wireless network again.

Can you try to enable the guest network on the AX6000 and try to connect to the guest network, will there be the same issue?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1561/

Have you tried to reset the AX6000 to its factory and reconfigure it from scratch? If not yet, please give it a shot.

Let us know if there is an update, thanks a lot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Archer AX6000 WiFi Access Drops Randomly
2020-09-03 09:36:00

@Kevin_Z 

Hello, thank you for taking the time to respond to my question

Yes, this occurs on all wireless devices, however, on my Apple TV and my other IOT devices, as long as you don't disconnect they will remain connected and functional.  For example, if I reboot the Apple TV it will no longer be able to connect to the Wireless network.  The only exceptions would be my iPhone and my Windows laptop.  The WiFi disconnects immediately, I guess when it detects an issue.  Both of those devices tell me the password is incorrect when attempting to reconnect, which isn't true.  The Apple TV, iPhone, and my Windows laptop are connected to 5GHz and IOT devices to 2.4GHz.   

Currently the AX6000 is in AP Mode and I changed the Channel to Auto months ago since I live in an apartment complex hoping it would help with any interferance from other Wireless Access Points. 

I have reset the router from scratch a few times after my initial purchase, so I am familiar with that process, however, I have not done so recently. 

When I do experience the issue again, I will login and try changing the Channel and see if I can connect to the guest network (currently not enabled but setup) to see if either of those work.  It may be a a couple of weeks before I experience it again but when it does I will provide an update

Thanks!

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 687

Replies: 2

Related Articles