LAN speed of Archer C6 is halved

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-09-13 15:30:15 - last edited 2020-09-15 06:57:01
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.5 Build 20200630 rel.57406(4555)

Computer directly on modem → 920Mbps

Computer via C6 (ethernet) → max 420Mbps

WiFi speeds on 5Ghz were ok, as expected for wireless. (and not exceeding the WAN limitation)

2.4Ghz was a joke, but I don't mind since only some old smart-home devices use it.

When I tested

- I used cat6

- I tested separately, one by one, the two CAT6 I used with a direct connection to the modem and both gave around 900Mbps

- I used exactly the same speed-test endpoint, provided by the internet provider.

give us a new firmware update.

Options
6 Reply
Re:LAN speed of TRASH Archer C6 is fucking halved IF NO ONE REPLY, I HOPE THIS COMPANY CLOSE DOWN
2020-09-13 16:44:03

@ddadbb Chill, dude.

Check this topic - https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/201932

Verify you don't have any QoS settings enabled.

Options
Re:LAN speed of TRASH Archer C6 is fucking halved IF NO ONE REPLY, I HOPE THIS COMPANY CLOSE DOWN
2020-09-13 17:13:00

@RRR_t can u readdevil

Options
2020-09-14 04:18:21

@ddadbb 

With the recent firmware they have started downgrading throughput for the Archer C6 router. This is to ensure they spend money on new routers.

Trash devs.

Options
2020-09-14 07:59:50

@ddadbb 

Hello,

May we know the model number of your Gigabit Ethernet adapters and its driver versions, then we will escalate your case to the engineers, who will try their best to help you out?

Thanks for your time.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-09-14 08:37:42 - last edited 2020-09-15 06:57:25

@Kevin_Z 

RJ-45 LAN Port

The Gigabit Ethernet LAN port provides an Internet connection at up to 1 Gbps data rate. 

Realtek PCIe GbE family controller driver 10.42.526.2020

Options
2020-09-14 10:14:57

@ddadbb 

Hi, thanks for that.

Please come down as we are here to solve issues but not just complain, right? We will soon escalate your case to our engineers who will help investigate it further.

Please check your email box and respond, thanks a lot.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 892

Replies: 6

Related Articles