Archer C80 - disable CWMP

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-10-27 23:13:14
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.7 Build 200907 Rel.62218n(4555)

Hi, I have a question. I want to disable CWMP on my router. "Inform" option after disabling and clicking save - "ACS URL: - not allow to be empty". This is normal? Nothing is send? I have seen a TP-Link device where these two options are off. Thanks for the answer.

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer C80 - disable CWMP
2021-02-04 01:19:29 - last edited 2021-02-04 01:22:18
Options
2021-02-04 03:52:01

@Vedia 

Thank you for posting on the TP-Link Community.

May I know why do you want to disable the CWMP? As far as I know it is an option/setting for the Internet Providers, so it will have no effect on the network if you didn't enable/modify it.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-02-04 12:41:18

Thank you very much for you reply. The question is why I cannot dissable INFORM since CWMP is dissabled.

As user I must have the possibility to make the settings I want, whether it works or not, it is my problem and my decision.

There is no reference to this setting in the user manual and TPLink Technical Support does not answer to my question, that's why I go to this forum.

Why there is no reference about this setting?

The Archer C80 replaced an Archer C60 that did not have CWMP settings and it works fine, so I understand that is not strictly necessar, at least in my case.

But there is still no way to disable INFORM within CWMP settings without having to put an ACR URL. Why????

My apologies for my basic english.

Options
2021-02-05 22:12:27

@doooo 

Response received from TPlink support translated by google into English.

We write you in reference to your order under the Ticket: xxxxxx

Hello, look a lot and I do not get the reference to this router of this version having the CWMP option. Was this bought new, or did it come from an internet provider? Likewise, the report has not programmed to send information to any ACS (Agile Config Server). There should be a designated URL for it to receive the Informs from the router. Without the CWMP, no one can control your router remotely. Curious answer because whoever answered me from support does not know or knows about the CWMP settings.

The router was bought new in a specialized store of course.

I still don't know why I can't disable INFORM

Options
2021-03-09 21:05:22

A few days ago support sent me a new firmware. Luckily I had the precaution to verify it before and it was for a router model very different from mine. Of course they apologized to me, but the official support level from TP-Link is very poor  or it just doesn't exist.

Options
2021-03-11 07:59:25

@Vedia 

Just replied to your own thread here:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/256666

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 3

Views: 7259

Replies: 6

Related Articles