My extender cannot be seen during activation

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-09 09:49:56 - last edited 2020-11-09 12:14:31
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:My extender cannot be seen during activation -Solution
2020-11-09 12:11:46 - last edited 2020-11-09 12:14:31

@GlenB59 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your patience.

After the setup, the wireless networks of the RE450 have become Ziggo75EFEFC for 2.4ghz and Ziggo75EFEFC_5G, which are the same as the home router.

So the default wi-fi network was no longer here.

You might need to click ‘’I have connected to this network already ‘’ and click finish;

And if the 2.4ghz and 5ghz LED already lit up, you have set up the RE450 successfully.

If you did not want to have the same name, please get the computer much closer to the RE450 and make sure it is connected to the Extender, not the router;

Then go to http://tplinkrepeater.net >settings>wireless>extended network> change the wireless name and password of the RE450;

Thanks a lot.

Or, set up the RE450 from the beginning and this time, please do not copy the host SSID:

Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:My extender cannot be seen during activation -Solution
2020-11-09 12:11:46 - last edited 2020-11-09 12:14:31

@GlenB59 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your patience.

After the setup, the wireless networks of the RE450 have become Ziggo75EFEFC for 2.4ghz and Ziggo75EFEFC_5G, which are the same as the home router.

So the default wi-fi network was no longer here.

You might need to click ‘’I have connected to this network already ‘’ and click finish;

And if the 2.4ghz and 5ghz LED already lit up, you have set up the RE450 successfully.

If you did not want to have the same name, please get the computer much closer to the RE450 and make sure it is connected to the Extender, not the router;

Then go to http://tplinkrepeater.net >settings>wireless>extended network> change the wireless name and password of the RE450;

Thanks a lot.

Or, set up the RE450 from the beginning and this time, please do not copy the host SSID:

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 200

Replies: 1

Related Articles