M5 newbie

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

M5 newbie

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
M5 newbie
M5 newbie
2020-11-11 14:03:21
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi newbie here I really purchased the deco to try and extend the poor wifi around my house and get an improved signal to my Ring Stick up battery camera.  

I set the 3 decos up and linked the Ring to the new network.  It looked great but now the wifi signal seems to have reduced and I have in the Deco settings it states off line.  Is this right ?  

Options
2 Reply
Re:M5 newbie
2020-11-12 03:40:39

@Feebee 

Hello, please help check some details, and we will see if this is normal:
1. Please check the LED status of the Deco M5 units when this issue happened if possible.
2. Are all devices showing offline at the same time? Is there any error message on the Deco app except for this offline? 
3. When these wireless clients show offline, please connect your computer to the main Deco M5 by a wired cable and see if you still have the internet access. What is the IP address?
4. How are the 3 Deco M5 units connected to each other, via Wi-Fi or Ethernet cable? Is it working as a router or an access point? You may go to More-Advanced-working mode to check this.

Options
Re:M5 newbie
2020-11-12 07:22:55

@TP-Link_Deco thank you 

1.  The d3cos have green lights at all times, no drop or change.  
2.  No.  The this morning the Ring Stickup cam was online briefly, then went off line.  
3.  The main deco - living room is wired to my Sky router.   
4.  Other 2 decos are connected to the main one using wifi.  One in the bedroom and one in the kitchen, which is where the Ring stick up cam is linked to.  

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 456

Replies: 2

Related Articles