Cannot Add manually Device to Parent Control AC5400

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-24 01:01:05
Model: Archer C5400  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.2.5

Hello dear TP Link Team,

I cannot add manually device using MAC to Parental Control Group.

Device is not shown in the list for parental control , but Device is registered in Network and I acan assign manually IP address (validated , this option works)

How can you help me? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Cannot Add manually Device to Parent Control AC5400
2020-11-27 09:52:33

@Valentin_S 

Hi, thanks for reporting. Currently, we can only add the devices that displayed in the device list, we cannot add a device manually.

May I know what kind of device is not showing up in the DHCP list? Is it using a static IP? You may try to change it to obtain the IP automatically and see if it works. If you still want to use a static IP on that device, you may add it in the address reservation list to give it a go.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-12-07 16:03:23 - last edited 2021-12-07 16:32:20

@Kevin_Z 

This is insane, every day I regret more and more for buying Tp-link router. Your firmware is basically unusable. Why is it not possible to add device by mac or ip adress to parental control or access control, that makes no sense? Devices I want to block are set up with static ip adresses and connected through extender or AP, so they don't show either in currently connected or DHCP list. Only option I have is to block extender and AP completely, and that's not ideal. I could use DHCP reservation instead of static IP but i prefer to have different DNS servers for different devices, and of course this is not possible in your firmware.

EDIT

Obviously it was possible on older routers, https://www.tp-link.com/us/support/faq/1124/, but not on the latest (I have AX23). Seems like regression to me.

Options
2021-12-08 12:36:49

@pssyche79 

Hello, can I confirm what is the detailed network layout? How is the extender or AP connected to the AX23?

What if you connect those devices to the AX23 directly, will they show up in the parental control or access control device list? 

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 614

Replies: 3

Related Articles