Connection lost on RE455

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Connection lost on RE455

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Connection lost on RE455
Connection lost on RE455
2020-11-24 14:11:27
Model: RE450  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi

I bought TP-Link RE455 2 days ago and today started the disconnection. The repeater is connected with 2.4 ghz to my main router and in the extended network settings from repeater i have enabled 2.4 and 5 ghz. So i have connected the repeater with cable to my laptop and it loses the connection, but the wifi 2.4ghz still working. It seems the problem is with the 5ghz because when it stops working i havent internet either with 5ghz wifi. Only with 2.4ghz. What can i do? There isn't a firmware update. Thank you

Options
2 Reply
Re:Connection lost on RE455
2020-11-25 09:25:51

@mrvaggos 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your time and patience.

In case there is any mistake, could you please help me check the following information:

1. RE455 only connected to the main router via 2.4ghz, no 5ghz, right?
  2. The instability only happened to Ethernet connect and 5ghz connection of RE455, no problem for the 4ghz?
  3. Would the 2.4ghz LED turn off on the RE455 when the connection lost?
  4. May I know the model number of your home router?

By the way, when the connection dropped, how did you recover the connection?

Please make sure that you have the latest firmware;

Then please also try to change the wireless channel of the home router to be channel 1/6/11 for 2.4ghz;

Thanks a lot.

Options
Re:Connection lost on RE455
2020-11-25 09:33:35

@TP-Link 

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. No

4. The router is speedport w 724v

When the connection is lost with ethernet I restart my laptop and is fixed but after 15minutes it happens again and from my phone where it supports 5ghz I connect to the 2.4 ghz, I wait few minutes and I connect again to 5ghz. I did yesterday reset and it works fine. But I hope not happen again because the problem was from the third day since I took it. 

Thank you 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 720

Replies: 2

Related Articles