VR2600 (not VR2800) WiFi intermittent dropouts

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-24 21:41:20 - last edited 2020-11-25 08:55:58
Model: Archer VR2800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Got this VR2600 as I was happy from previous TP-Link products and wanted a get better signal across the house ... boy do I regret it.
Although the 2 wired connections are spot-on, the wireless clients suffer intermittent connectivity issues.

I dont know if I am just unlucky (it is hw v1) or it is just deffective piece but i can see my £100 flying away ...

I have tried everything ...

Settings -> not working

Reset -> not working

Latest Firmware -> I already had the latest one (last update seems to be from 4 years back???)

Moving the router to a location further away from other electronics to -> not working

Could it be a defective one? Anything else I can try?

For the moment I just put the previous back on and hoping to find a solution?

The seller has ofcourse dissapeared ...

Options
1 Reply
Re:VR2600 (not VR2800) WiFi intermittent dropouts
2020-11-27 12:14:24

@vballas 

Hello, sorry to hear that this modem router gives you troubles. This VR2600 actually had been discontinued for long, do you mean you just bought it from the local store?

Please help us get the following information for further assistance:
1. When the internet dropped on the VR2600, would the internet or DSL light turn off or blinking?
2. Would there be any error message on the status page, such as please configure the DNS manually? What is the upstream and downstream bandwidth provided by your ISP? BTW, who is your ISP?
3. If you are on the DSL service, please also help me check the downstream and upstream values under the advanced>status>DSL status, kindly show me the screenshot.

4. If it is only the wireless disconnects, you may try to adjust the wireless settings on the modem, such as wireless channel, channel width and security settings, then monitor again.

To be honest, since this model had been discontinued, I'm afraid we are not able to provide you a newer firmware.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 488

Replies: 1

Related Articles