Google Chromecast is not working (Archer AC 1750)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-11-25 11:33:14
Model: Archer A9  
Hardware Version: V6
Firmware Version: 1.0.6 Build 20200114 rel.73164(5553)

I bought a TP-link Archer AC 1750 router (https://www.tp-link.com/us/home-networking/wifi-router/archer-a7/). 

Google Chromecast is not working and is failing to connect to the wifi. Even after it gets connected after a very long time, it lags a lot.  I tried connecting Chromecast and device to 2.4 GHz band instead of 5ghz and switched to 801.11 n only but the problem seems to exist. Is there a firmware update for the same? This is really annoying. 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Google Chromecast is not working (Archer AC 1750)
2020-11-26 10:41:57

@Sat_08 

Hello, 

May I know how did you connect the Chromecast to the network, is it connected to the 2.4GHz? You may try to change the 2.4GHz wireless channel on the A9 to 11, then reboot the A9 and the Chromecast.

Please confirm if it can connect but fails to communicate on the network or it just quit connecting, kindly show us a screenshot about the issue, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-11-30 14:08:47

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

I changed the 2.4GHz wireless channel on the A9 to 11, then rebooted the A9 and the Chromecast. This fix didn't help. The wifi is working properly on other devices but when I'm trying to use it on Chromecast, the videos are lagging and buffering every 5-10 secs. 

Options
2020-12-01 02:52:35

@Sat_08 

Please check the DHCP client list on the A9, make sure your Chromecast obtains an IP address, please then record its MAC address. Based on its MAC address, find the Chromecast on Advanced>Wireless>Statistics, verify that Chromecast is connected to the Wi-Fi. If Chromecast is not listed on either one chart, please reset Chromecast and configure it again.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 3471

Replies: 3

Related Articles