WOL with Ziggo Connectbox & TPLink Deco M4

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-06 19:44:02
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello, apologies if this has been discussed multiple times before. I've searched and yet found a deadend to solve my issues.

I need to set up Wake on Lan for my PC and my current setup is:

- Ziggo Connectbox as modem

- Main Deco M4 as router <-> Ziggo CB via ethernet

- Addition Deco M4 <-> Ethernet to PC

I've tried doing the port forwarding from the app by assigning static IP to my PC, then forwarding that to port 9 (both internal & external)

I'm using Teamviewer to attempt the WOL publicly, using the IP I get from the app WAN ip, but I still can't do that even though I've enabled everything in the steps.

What am I missing? Also, what does the TPLink DDNS do in this case?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Options
5 Reply
Re:WOL with Ziggo Connectbox & TPLink Deco M4
2020-12-07 03:35:52 - last edited 2020-12-07 03:40:46

@oraclemiracle 

Good day,

Are you able to wake up this computer in the local LAN(which means another laptop connected to the same Deco)?

and as for the internet IP address on the Deco M4, could you please check if it is a public IP or the same as the IP address on this link: https://whatsmyip.com/ 

Thanks!

Options
2020-12-07 11:22:03

@TP-Link no, not even on local LAN.

and yes, it's the same IP shown for both.

Options
2020-12-08 02:01:09

@oraclemiracle 

Good day,

Thank you for your reply.

In this way, I am afraid the WOL settings on the computer itself might not be completed.

If possible, please have a check of the following settings for further assistance:

https://www.lifewire.com/wake-on-lan-4149800

After the setup, if it is still not working, in case the Deco was the problem, please test the WOL on a different router to have a look.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-08 11:56:23
Hello, thanks for the reply. I've tested again with another WOL app (RemoteBoot) and was able to use the local ip and port to wake up the PC. Still can't use the public one though.
Options
2020-12-10 11:50:07

@oraclemiracle 

Thank you very much for the update.

We would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of the email box later.

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1586

Replies: 5

Related Articles