Wifi Schedule only for 2.4GHZ , 5GHZ off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 09:17:26
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 201022 Rel.53112n(4555)

Hi I have a problem. I wanted to set schedule for my Archer C80 Wifi but only for my 2.4GZH band.  I wanted 5GHZ to be off all the time, I turn it off in router settings but

when i set my wifi schedule to turn on on 6:00 am both Wifi bands turns on, but I wanted only 2.4GHZ to be active. So i must every day turn off morning 5GHZ off. 

Yes I know 5GHZ is much faster :) but i wanted ihis way :)

Sory for my English :) and thanks for help :)

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wifi Schedule only for 2.4GHZ , 5GHZ off
2020-12-10 11:49:04

@Mar3k Second problem when I turn off 5GHZ Wifi chanel, after half hour it turns on automaticly why ?

Options
2020-12-11 07:26:24

@Mar3k 

Do you mean the 5GHz will be automatically on ignores the Wi-Fi Schedule? Please ensure the router Time Settings is correct, then show us the Wi-Fi Schedule settings on your C80 web GUI, thanks.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2020-12-11 09:15:12
Hello, i've got the exact same pb. I turn on 2.4G band and turn off 5G, apply and save the configuration. If i look around me, there is only one wifi available which is my 2.4G, nice ! But a few moment later the 5G appears back :( If I go back on the C80's configuration, the 5G is activated ?!? Like Mar3k i'm using the schedule function to automatically turn off the wifi during the night. I think there is a little bug, can you help up or may be fix it in the next upgrade ? Thx !
Options
2020-12-14 06:05:50

@David41 Hi i think the problem is when the router is in AP mode and have schedulle for Wifi then every hour the Wifi will be on automatycly. When you reset your router to factory settings and leave it in router mode its ok, but I need AP mode so this is some kind a bug in AP mode.

Options