Wifi scheduler cannot distinguish 2.4GHz and 5Ghz networks

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2023-10-18 06:26:46 - last edited 2023-10-18 06:31:44
Model: Archer VR400  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 0.9.1 v00a1.0 Build 220321 Rel.60385n

Hi,

in my home network I only use 2.4GHz WiFi (5GHz radio disabled). I also use wireless scheduler to turn off the WiFi during the night. The problem is, everyday when the WiFi is scheduled to turn back on, both bands turn on - the 2.4GHz and also the 5Ghz.

When I go to Advanced -> Wireless -> Wireless schedule I don't see any option to choose for which band the schedule should apply. Is there any way to keep the 5GHz permanently disabled and only use the scheduler with the 2.4GHz band ?

Thanks

Edit: Added screenshot

Wireless scheduler settings

Options
1 Reply
Re:Wifi scheduler cannot distinguish 2.4GHz and 5Ghz networks
2023-10-18 15:56:26

@Vladimir2 

This is more like a feature request (routers) and could be implemented in a new FW release.

Wireless scheduler will turn on both radios no matter that you've disabled one of them earlier.

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 278

Replies: 1

Related Articles