Cannot connect to 5Ghz wifi

3 weeks ago - last edited 2 weeks ago
Model: RE305  
Hardware Version: V4
Firmware Version: 1.0.23 Build 230418 Rel.60395n (6583)

Hi

My RE305 which i recently bought in Pakistan broadcasts 5Ghz wifi on channels 36, 40 and 44 which my phones (iphone and samsung s23 ultra) cannot see and connect to. You are requested to please give me firmware which will rectify this issue as in Pakistan bands 149 to 165 work for 5Ghz WiFi.

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Cannot connect to 5Ghz wifi-Solution

@khangi 

That's more like a Samsung S23 Ultra related than the RE305. Go through this thread for more details on this issue and how to mitigate this.

The solution is to put the handset in Flight mode, restart the handset, turn on the Wi-Fi first, and then switch off the Flight mode. This way the handset can find/see and join all the available 5GHz Wi-Fi channels (from 36 to 64, 100 to 144, 149 to 165).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options
1 Reply
Re:Cannot connect to 5Ghz wifi-Solution

@khangi 

That's more like a Samsung S23 Ultra related than the RE305. Go through this thread for more details on this issue and how to mitigate this.

The solution is to put the handset in Flight mode, restart the handset, turn on the Wi-Fi first, and then switch off the Flight mode. This way the handset can find/see and join all the available 5GHz Wi-Fi channels (from 36 to 64, 100 to 144, 149 to 165).

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 104

Replies: 1

Related Articles