No option to enable WDS Bridging on AX1800

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-10 10:10:16
Model: Archer AX1800  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.0 Build 20201023 rel.69987

I have looked through all the options and there isn't an option for WDS or any similar features. Only wired Access Point mode.

Options
4 Reply
Re:No option to enable WDS Bridging on AX1800
2020-12-10 12:42:42

@RexAP 

Hi, as far as I know, the Archer AX1800 doesn't support WDS feature, it can only be used as a wireless router or an access point.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-07-05 21:20:25

@Kevin_Z They really need to release a firmware update to enable wireless bridge mode. I own the AX1800 and this missing feature makes it useless in my house. If I had CAT5 running everywhere I wouldn't neet their router!

Options
2021-07-06 02:41:45

@CameraTricks 

Hi, it seems there might be some misunderstanding, when we mention WDS bridging, which is the feature that allows you to connect the router to another wireless network via the Wi-Fi connection. You can refer to the guide to know more details:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1555/

However, what you are talking seems that the basic wireless connection of the AX1800, that is apparently supported on the router, you can connect the wireless devices, such as mobile phones or laptops to the network by entering the correct wireless password. You may find or change the router wireless settings as follows:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/3085/

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2022-01-03 16:51:37

@Kevin_Z 

I bought the AX6000 and the AX1800 to extend to my upstairs.

I have ahad to run a cable now to the upstairs because WDS is not supported on the 1800. 

Also both devices claim to support onemesh.  but it seems they cannot act as onemesh clients only hosts. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 5553

Replies: 4

Related Articles