Tp-Link WR940N Router Ping Spike

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-19 13:57:32
Model: TL-WR940N  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 161107

Hello I'm having trouble using internet it keeps going disconnect or something I'm unable to use YouTube WhatsApp or any web browsing 

I checked on laptop 

on cmd when I type ping -T 192.168.1.1 

it shows the pings 28ms then 7ms then 2ms then 6ms then 8ms 

how can I fix this issue I've downgraded upgraded 

I tried everything but i couldn't figure it out 

please help me out 

my provider is saying get a new router 

but I can't really afford new one atm 

any expert who knows how to fix it 

kindly let me know I'll be really thankful 

TIA!!! 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tp-Link WR940N Router Ping Spike
2020-12-22 09:36:45

@Traveller777 

Hi, it is suggested to try a mobile app to analyze the surrounding Wi-Fi, review all the channels in use. Next, review the channels on the router. If the channels match that around you, an indication of overcrowded. Manually adjust the channels to lesser use channels.

There are possibly other wireless parameters that need tweaking, such as Power Transmit, narrow or wide band, etc. but start with the above and below link:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/200588

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 469

Replies: 1

Related Articles