NFS is very slow with WDR3600

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-18 18:06:16
Region : Netherlands

Model : TL-WDR3600

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version : 130129

ISP :

Hi,

I've this dualband wireless router since a week.

Now I found out, NFS is working very slow (actually NFS is not working at all).

I have a Mede8er and a synology NAS server connected to the TP-LINK WDR3600 router.

I have movie directories shared on the NAS using NFS.

when I go to the NFS locations in my mede8er it takes very long before I can see the NFS mapping.

When I connect the Mede8er straight to the Synology NAS server (Cross Cable connection) NFS is working as it should be.

So the TP-LINK WDR3600 cannot handle the NFS protocol ????

anybody a solution for this issue?
Options
4 Reply
Re:NFS is very slow with WDR3600
2013-03-29 20:11:45
Hi Roel,
Interesting behaviour!
I have the same experience. But I have the following devices:
Synology NAS, DS212+ -> 8 port, Gigabit switch TL-SG1008D -> KPN Experiabox -> Sweex switch -> Mede8er 600D
All cabled
When I play some video files (hi quality, DTS sound, etc) , it seems that the NFS connection is to slow and the datastream (HDMI) to my Yamaha amplifier and television is hikking up.

But.... with almost the same configuration, the KPN Experiabox is in my setup new, therefore I had an Tele2 modem/router all played very well and without hikking ups.
And if I change the NFS for a SMB connection the same movie plays without problems....

So I'm also facing a very slow NFS connection. But I'm not sure which device or settings is causing this problem.

Perhaps someone has the same experiences and a solution ?

Regards, MrRoubos
Options
2013-03-31 20:51:28
Hi Roel,
I resolved my own problem :)
The cause was in my mede8er box, the NFS-option of rsize was 'hard' set on 32xxx, when I changed it to auto and turn off and turn on the device. All works as it should be.
Regards, MrRoubos
Options
2014-02-13 02:54:08
Hello Roel,

How did you solve the problem? I have the same, but everything works if i use a normal switch in stead of the tplink switch
Options
2014-02-16 00:49:05
I have solved the problem!
I have changed the WDR4900 with another one in the shop, still it did not work! They gave me my money back, so I bougt an Asus RT-N66U! This Asus works perfect with NFS and also has a better range! Yes it is more expensive but it is worth it! No reboots for any change in the config, better range, NFS works great, much better building quality, much more options (like one click to configure is as an Access Point).
Sorry no more TP-link for me anymore.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 698

Replies: 4

Related Articles