How to increase uploading capacity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

How to increase uploading capacity

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
15 Reply
Re:How to increase uploading capacity-Solution
2020-12-28 13:59:38 - last edited 2020-12-29 06:35:59

@GopalPun 

I just had a quick look at Aquiss' website.

Apparently they are offering several speed grades for their home fibre broadband services, called OPTION 1, OPTION 2, OPTION 3, etc. (depending on local availability), with the speeds increasing with higher OPTION numbers.

The advertised speeds for OPTION 1 are "Average Speed 36Mbps (Down), Average Speed 1.7Mbps (Up)", which looks much like what you are getting as per your Speedtest results.

Do you know if OPTION 1 is maybe what you have subscribed to?

Finding this out would be essential to determine if your Archer C60 is indeed slowing things down or if you are just getting what you pay for.

By the way, by today's standards 1.7Mbps upload speed is actually pretty much the low end.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:How to increase uploading capacity
2020-12-28 15:09:51

@woozle 

Yes you are correct my plan is Option 1 (40Mbps/2Mbps). However, the company said they impose no limits on wifi from our end and would recommend me to refer this to TP-Link as the manufacture of the router.

Options
2020-12-28 16:52:52 - last edited 2020-12-28 16:53:36

@GopalPun 

It depends on what you are trying to do.

If, for example, you are uploading videos at home directly from your iPhone to another computer in your home, then you are limited by your TP-Link router.

But if you upload videos from a phone or computer on your home network to anything that resides on the Internet, like YouTube, Facebook, iCloud, then you are limited by the broadband connection, which is currently about 2Mbps (for upload) as per your Option 1 plan.

Options
2020-12-28 16:59:44

@woozle 

Thank you for your reply. 

when I upload from my iPhone to my iPad, it happens in seconds. But when uploading in YouTube, it takes more than 10 minutes. 

Now I know what is the issue for not uploading quickly in YouTube. I think will have to change my option with Aquiss. What is the average speed for uploading to YouTube?

Thank you again. 

Options
2020-12-28 18:06:34

@GopalPun 

The upload speed to YouTube may depend on the day and the time of the day.

Via my smartphone's 4G+ connection I have been able to attain upload speeds to Youtube in excess of 30 Mbps.

Maybe other forum users can share their experiences as well.

Options
Related Articles