deco M4 and iOS internet issue

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2020-12-24 04:01:45
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

I am facing issue with iOS12 iPad, some apps like Facebook work and some webpages in safari open, app store opens and shows download page but cant download, YouTube app shows no internet, it was working till few days back without any issue, thought it was something to do with some update for ipad but it isn't as it work fine with tp-link archer C7 router and  other wifi connections include mobile hotspot(9-11Mbps connection). Older iPad with iOS6.5 work fine , all other deices like android phones , laptops even Microsoft surface , and TV work fine , even the speed is 50 to 75 Mbps so speed is not a issue as well. I have factory reset the ipad and even re did the deco set up, but I have same issue.

I am using deco as Access point . also checked by switching off other decos and keeping only the main Deco ON, still there is no change.

Options
4 Reply
Re:deco M4 and iOS internet issue
2020-12-25 07:13:19

@dinar21 

Hi,

Sorry for the delay.

For your case, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Is the iPad with IOS12 the only device not working properly?

2. if the iPhone is connected to the Deco’s Wi-Fi, then enable the mobile hotspot over Deco’ Wi-Fi, and connect the iPad to mobile hotspot, will it work fine?

3. Have you tried to reboot/restart the iPad to see if that helped?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2020-12-25 08:54:11 - last edited 2020-12-25 09:35:51

@TP-Link 

Thank you for your reply.

Only ipad with iOS 12 has issue with  Google products, youtube,google.com, even chrome could not be downloaded on Deco M4 wifi, I downloaded using another wifi network , I get error say 'connection timed out' for google.com and youtube.com on chrome other sites open without any issue, I did a speed test using Okla, and the connection speed is 50 to 60 Mbps today on ipad using checked with chrome ,  ipad with the lower version of ios works fine. I dont use iPhone so can not check with tat at this moment.

mobile hotspot is used over the phones hotspot setting not deco, but  the archer c7 is connected to the same internet modem as the deco and used simultaneously, so the setting for DHCP are same as well as the  isp is same, archer is connected to the second output port on the modem, I have interchanged the ports with deco and archer to confirm if the ports of the modem are a issue. but it is nothing to do with the modem or the ISP or the ipad's iOS. I did confirm the setting on archer c7 and deco, they are similar so there is not way the Mac of the ipad is locked in any of the points including the modem.

Regards

Options
2020-12-28 03:11:21

@dinar21 

Good day,

Thank you very much for your detailed information.

We would like to follow up on your case by email and ask for more assistance from the senior engineers.

Please have a check of your email box later.

Thanks a lot.

Options
2020-12-29 04:17:52

Thank you for the reply will wait for the teswm to get back to me.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 909

Replies: 4

Related Articles