2.4 GHZ Band Stops Working while 5.0 continues to work

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-04 05:14:17
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591(4555)

The 2.4 GHZ band stops working multiple times during the day and i have to restart the router multiple times a day to make it work. 5.0 GHZ band continues to work normally.

I saw someone facing a similar problem on this thread

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/17018

I have the latest firmware installed. Please suggest the solution.

NOTE: Chat support does not work, I always get a message no agents online.

Options
5 Reply
Re:2.4 GHZ Band Stops Working while 5.0 continues to work
2021-01-04 09:16:38

@Sumit56 

Thanks for reporting the issue to the community.

Can I have more details then our engineers can try to investigate further?
1. How many devices are connected to the 2.4GHz network, what are they? Are all wireless devices connected to the 2.4GHz experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients? If the devices are still connected to the 2.4GHz network but no internet access, please confirm if the devices can still get a correct IP address from C6, what is the IP address? Can you ping the C6 gateway and internet?
2. Try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/
3. How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the C6, or disable/enable the 2.4GHz wireless on the C6, or just wait, and it will reconnect automatically?

4. Please go to the Advanced>>System Tools>>System Parameter, then please disable the NAT Boost, check again if the issue persists.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-09 08:14:21

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

Please see my response below. My issue is exactly the same as mentioned in this thread https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/17018. I installed the beta firmware given in that thread but it still did not fix the issue. Frequency of occurrence got minimized though.

Can I have more details then our engineers can try to investigate further?
1. How many devices are connected to the 2.4GHz network, what are they?

[A] 2 Devices, one router that has been configured as repeater and another one is a SMART TV (android OS)

Are all wireless devices connected to the 2.4GHz experiencing the same dropout or just some special or old clients?

[A] All of them

If the devices are still connected to the 2.4GHz network but no internet access, please confirm if the devices can still get a correct IP address from C6, what is the IP address?

[A] The connection gets dropped, if i try connecting to the 2.4GHZ network manually again i am not able to. The repeater is also not able to get an IP.

Can you ping the C6 gateway and internet?

[A] From 5.0GHZ, yes i can. But from 2.4, No, because no device can connect to that network.

2. Try to modify the wireless settings on the Archer C6 first, such as wireless channel, channel width, which would help in some cases:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/2292/

[A] Did the changes, will let you know if that works.

3. How did you recover the connection, do you need to reboot the C6, or disable/enable the 2.4GHz wireless on the C6, or just wait, and it will reconnect automatically?

[A] Reboot C6

4. Please go to the Advanced>>System Tools>>System Parameter, then please disable the NAT Boost, check again if the issue persists.

[A] Did the changes, will let you know if that works.

In either case, to me this looks like a software bug that needs to be fixed. There shouldn't be a requirement to disable certain feature for a product to work. Else how good that product/feature is?

Options
2021-01-11 03:51:52

@Sumit56 

Hi, thanks for all the details. If changing the wireless settings and disabling the NAT boost doesn't help, please kindly try this beta firmware:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-24 04:02:46

@Kevin_Z 

Hi,

Did all recommended settings and also installed the beta firmware as suggested. Problem still not resolved. The route used to work seamlessly with the stock firmware, things got screwed post upgrade. Now i cannot go back to the old firmware.

Please help!

Options
2021-01-25 07:33:52

@Sumit56 

Can I have the model number of the repeater, is it a TP-Link device? What if you disable the Onemesh feature on the C6, have you tried this?

If possible, we hope you could test the 2.4G connection with some phones or laptops, we can then try to locate if this is the router issue or not. BTW, what is the model of the Smart TV?

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 327

Replies: 5

Related Articles