Missing Wireless Network Adapter?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-04 09:22:45

Recently, after about a month of not using my laptop, I tried the other day to reconnect with the web. However I discovered that the only access was via ethernet. I did a troubleshoot, but still the same result. So I did a factory reset, hoping that this would solve the problem. When I finished reconfiguring the Windows 10 (which took another couple of hours), I again tried connecting via wifi, only to get the same outcome. I then went into the Device Manager, and checked for the wireless network adapter, only to find it missing. After checking support sites for both Windows 10, and HP, I've come up empty handed. I need help. Not sure but it may also require a wireless driver.

Here are my laptop specs ... I have an HP Pavilion dv7 - 6165us, with the latest version of Windows 10, with Firefox as browser. Does anyone know a site where I can download the wireless network adapter compatible with my system?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Missing Wireless Network Adapter?
2021-01-08 08:32:59

@aadesh10 

Is it a build-in wireless adapter on the HP laptop? If it is, you need to search for suggestions on HP community or contact HP support, they may guide you to check if the adapter is still working properly.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options