service name not available

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-14 14:54:02
Model: CES2021 Deco Mesh  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: x60 2.0_en_1.0.5 Build 20201013 Rel. 64247

Hi 

when Im configuring the PPPOE for my DECO X60, im not able to find the service name. thus my connection is taking so long to allocate the PPPOE connection and every restart I need to wait for 10mins after restart finishes...

can you tell me when we can have the service name and server name as part of PPPOE connection...

br

Options
5 Reply
Re:service name not available
2021-01-15 03:23:22

@ibr007_decox60 

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback.

Currently, the firmware on the Deco X60 did not support service name under PPPoE connection.

But it would be added on the later firmware upgrade.

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-01-15 07:15:51

@TP-Link

this is really annoying, when do you expect the new firmware release?. Others like Hauwei mesh wifi modems supports such configuration and other TPlink models supports such service and server names...

Options
2021-06-21 10:00:41

@ibr007_decox60 

As far as I know, the PPPoE service name is not necessary for most of the Internet Providers, so you should be able to connect to the internet without it.

However, if your ISP does require this PPPoE service name, and the internet is not working without it, we will need to confirm some basic information, then we can speed up the troubleshooting:
1. Which country are you located in, and who is your ISP?
2. What is the model number of the Deco device in the network, what is the firmware version?
3. When configuring the PPPoE connection on the Deco without the service name, how about the LED status on the Deco nodes?

Options
2021-06-26 04:54:00

@TP-Link 

I m facing the same issue, I m using Deco M4, as there is no provision to enter Service name after every disconnection it takes very long time 30 mins approx to connect again..

My ISP is insisting to enter Service name to resolve this issue..

Please help, else the mesh Routers will be waste for me

Options
2021-06-28 07:44:46

@Vlbajaj 

Hi, thanks for the explanation. The service name has been added on the latest 1.5.0 version, you may check later if you can detect the new firmware on the Deco app for your devices.

Options