losing Wifi on all devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-14 16:23:10 - last edited 2021-01-14 16:24:23

Hello,

I have occasionally a problem with my Wifi, all devices are disconnected from the wifi (both 2.4 or 5 GHz), devices on the lan still working, and internet still working.  I need to reboot the router so all devices can reconnect again.  It happen 2 times today, was working correctly the past 4 days

thanks for your help

Options
3 Reply
Re:losing Wifi on all devices
2021-01-15 12:12:39

@CharlesAndre 

If the wireless connection is not stable, try the below modifications on the AX6000, then monitor:

For the 2.4GHz: choose security as WPA/WPA2- personal, Version:WPA2-personal, AES; Channel 11; channel width 20MHz;
For the 5GHz: choose security as WPA/WPA2- personal, Version:WPA2-personal, AES; Channel 44; channel width 40MHz. 

BTW, how many devices are connected to the AX6000 network, wired and wirelessly? What are they? Are all the wireless devices experiencing the same disconnect issue at the same time?

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-01-15 13:35:13

@Kevin_Z

thanks for the reply, I will make the changes and monitor,

When the problem happend, they all loose wifi connection in the same time , and when I look at the AX6000 network map dashboard, the number of Wifi connexion is at 0 and stay that way unless I reboot the router

regarding the type of Wifi devices I have: Ecobee thermostat, Nest cameras, Wemo switchs, sprinkler system (RainMachine/Android) iOS devices (ipad and iPhone), ChromeCasts device, some Google Home and some android  devices.

For the wired devices, laptops (Windows and Mac), Synology server, they never loose internet access while the problem occurs

So it's around 65 devices (lan and wireless)

Options
2021-01-18 02:29:02

@CharlesAndre 

Thank you very much for the details. Please try my previous suggestions then monitor.

BTW, as for those iOS devices, please try to disable the Private MAC address on those devices and see if it helps:
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 468

Replies: 3

Related Articles