To link ac5400x weak WiFi when in same room as router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-15 05:04:30 - last edited 2021-01-15 05:06:17

I seem to be having an issue with my tpllink ac5400 v1, the WiFi is very weak when I'm in same room as router, I've tried changing wireless channels, rebooting and restore to factory, my devices seem to be getting a slow link speed, wired works fine just wireless is acting up, I can't connect to the 2.4ghz band at all and it's not even showing up and it's turned on I'n router. I have no idea what to do, this only just happened last few days 

Options
1 Reply
Re:To link ac5400x weak WiFi when in same room as router
2021-01-19 12:09:59

@Pkramer2020 

Hello, can we have some more details to locate the issue? 

Firstly, please check and ensure the firmware of the C5400X is already the latest on the official website, which I think it should already be, but just double confirm:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/download/archer-c5400x/#Firmware

Then try to change the 2.4G network name to a new one, change the security to WPA/WPA2- personal, Version:WPA2-personal, TKIP; Channel 1/611; channel width 20MHz, then reboot the C5400X to confirm.

If none of the above helps bring the 2.4G network back, I guess there might be an issue with the wireless chipset, it might be faulty, try to contact the local tech support to check if it is still in warranty:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/contact-technical-support/#Hotline-Support

Have a nice day.

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 419

Replies: 1

Related Articles