Extending Deco S4 Mesh network via CPE210 to outbuilding?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-01-16 18:44:04 - last edited 2021-01-17 09:47:22
Model: Deco S4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi there.

Have just got the Deco S4 Mesh system 3 pack - working very well.

Main one in hallway, connected via wifi to another at the far end of the ground floor, and then an ethernet backhaul to one upstairs.

I have a detached garage where I would like wifi while i do some work, that the wifi signal isn't getting to - well it barely does, but extremely intermittent due to 2 external insulated brick walls being in the way.

There is no way to get an ethernet cable out there, and was looking for a solution.

Is there any way to connect another ethernet cable to the upstairs Deco, then keying this into a PTP solution - e.g. connecting via ethernet to a CPE210, then another CPE210 on the external wall of the garage, and then back into another Deco S4 to redistribute the signal within?

Ideally, this could be all on the same mesh network just for syncing smarthome devices etc.

Powerlan isn't a solution as the electrical system in the garage is on a different circuit.

Any advice would be migtily appreciated - other PTP/CPE examples would be good - just using the CPE210 as an example.

Thanks in advance

EDIT ***

Or hypothetically, could i get away with 1 x CPE210 on the outside of the garage and pointed at the area where wifi is coming from? Will it pull in a stronger signal than my phone at the same point?

T

Options
2 Reply
Re:Extending Deco S4 Mesh network via CPE210 to outbuilding?
2021-01-22 05:19:57
Anyone?
Options
Re:Extending Deco S4 Mesh network via CPE210 to outbuilding?
2021-01-22 06:30:20 - last edited 2021-01-22 06:30:35

@Tates1979 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

The related connection structure:

ISP modem—main Deco----<cable>---- upstairs Deco--<cable>CPE 210 in AP mode)))-----(( CPE210 in client modem is ok;

And if you only want to have one device, you could also have a look at EAP225-outdoor if the attached garage is quite close to the main building.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1049

Replies: 2

Related Articles